- New Date-FEB 20
- This Blog is moving!
- Things you see at Christmas: Irony
- Can Mustard Seed-sized Faith move a Mountain…of trash?
- 7 fake TSA -related headlines
- Guess where this Photo was taken
- Tech = Baal (Re: Idol worship)
- DAY 7- Weird Santa Photo Week (Grand Finale)
- Day 6-Weird Santa Photo (STRESSED!)
- DAY 5. Weird Santa Photos Week. Santa’s Creepy Sidekick, Krampus
Category Archives: Christianity
How about some feedback?! 🙂
Some days you take your faith to the scales. You wonder…is it up to mustard?
Today is one of those days–and it’s epitomized in the not-so-scenic view from my front porch.
Will you pray for me?
What do you need faith for today?
Third Sunday of Advent
Stir up thy power, O Lord, and with great might come
among us; and, because we are sorely hindered by our sins,
let thy bountiful grace and mercy speedily help and deliver
us; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with thee and
the Holy Ghost, be honor and glory, world without end.
160 Collect: Traditional
O God, who hast caused this holy night to shine with the
illumination of the true Light: Grant us, we beseech thee,
that as we have known the mystery of that Light upon earth,
so may we also perfectly enjoy him in heaven; where with
thee and the Holy Spirit he liveth and reigneth, one God, in
glory everlasting. Amen.
Do you have any reflections for this Sunday?
I do like the Christmas season songs.
Yet, on closer inspection, I’ve noticed that some winter favorites are a bit…how should I say it…disconcerting…
(click the song title to read the words)
Here’s a list of 5:
2. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer tells a tale of a heard of reindeer bullies, who come to conditionally love a special needs reindeer, but only after he proves useful to them.
3. Santa looks either like intrusive government, or an ungracious deity in an upcoming advent in Santa Clause is Coming to Town.
4. What do sleepy newborn babies enjoy more than anything? Drum solos!
The song Little Drummer Boy couldn’t have been written by a mother, or caretaker of infants. This racket is a song racket.
5. The seemingly sweet I’ll be Home for Christmas song ends sadly enough to be used effectively for a Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) commercial. [Consult your doctor if you have increased thoughts of suicide.]
What are a few of your favorite Christmas time songs and why?
I enjoy Silent Night, a lot for its spiritual poignancy. But, even if there was a mood of inner peace, I doubt it was that quiet in crowded Bethlehem, or in a stable of animals and an infant.
Are there any songs, you’d like to never endure again?
Or maybe you can make one up!
hear smell what I hear smell?”