I do like the Christmas season songs.
Yet, on closer inspection, I’ve noticed that some winter favorites are a bit…how should I say it…disconcerting…
(click the song title to read the words)
Here’s a list of 5:
1. Baby It’s Cold Outside is not even a Roofie away from an ensuing crime scene.
2. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer tells a tale of a heard of reindeer bullies, who come to conditionally love a special needs reindeer, but only after he proves useful to them.
3. Santa looks either like intrusive government, or an ungracious deity in an upcoming advent in Santa Clause is Coming to Town.
4. What do sleepy newborn babies enjoy more than anything? Drum solos!
The song Little Drummer Boy couldn’t have been written by a mother, or caretaker of infants. This racket is a song racket.
5. The seemingly sweet I’ll be Home for Christmas song ends sadly enough to be used effectively for a Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) commercial. [Consult your doctor if you have increased thoughts of suicide.]
What are a few of your favorite Christmas time songs and why?
I enjoy Silent Night, a lot for its spiritual poignancy. But, even if there was a mood of inner peace, I doubt it was that quiet in crowded Bethlehem, or in a stable of animals and an infant.
Are there any songs, you’d like to never endure again?
Or maybe you can make one up!
hear smell what I hear smell?”
Posted in #fail, blogging, Christianity, Christians, Holidays, Humor, music
Tagged anti depressant, baby it's cold outside, bullies, carols, Christmas, christmas songs, christmas time, drugs, Drummer boy, elvis, Frosty the Snowman, Holidays, Home for Christmas, I'll be home for Christmas, jiggle bells, lyrics, newborns, reindeer, roofie, Rudolf, Santa, songs, special need, SSRI, white christmas
Wacky Wednesday is the alternative to Jon Acuff’s Serious Wednesday. It’s meant to be the opposite of Jon’s SCL posts, because some of us need that humor boost, midweek.
I don’t know the story here. There is a distinct possibility that this man, in a deparate attempt to get his monring brew, threw on his sister’s clothes and made a mad dash to Starbucks. Maybe the long line did him in. I don’t see anybody helping him, but I think he needs a caffeine IV drip. Stat!
What’s your take? What happened just before this photo was taken?
Give us a good caption for this scene.
HAVE A GREAT WEDNESDAY.
What happened? Give this a CAPTION!
Need one more humor boost? Warning for parents. This one is PG 13, but imagine getting your teen this for Christmas, and forcing them to wear it to school? (What were they thinking?) ahhhhh!
Posted in #fail, blogging, coffee, Community, Humor, pain, stress
Tagged #fail, caption, caption contest, coffee, coffee IV, funny, Humor, Jon Acuff, latte, Lisa Colón DeLay, must have coffee, Other Stuff Christians Like, photo, poorly dressed, SCL, Serious Wednesday, Starbucks, Stuff Christians Like, wacky wednesday